HOW TO JOIN TEAMSTERS LOCAL 179
- CONTACT US! Call 815-741-2200 and ask to speak with Local 179 Organizer Tony Seminary. Conversations are always kept confidential!
- WE'LL CONTACT YOU: Fill out the form in the "Organize Today" module in the right-hand column of the Home page.
TEAMSTERS LOCAL 179 = DIGNITY AND RESPECT
Teamsters Local 179 is a union of workers who have come together to give working families a voice. Members of Teamsters Local 179 earn higher wages, achieve better benefits and have safer, more secure working conditions than workers who don't have a voice on the job with a union. Teamsters Local 179 is about having dignity and respect on the job.
TEAMSTERS LOCAL 179 = POWER AT WORK!
If you are thinking about joining Teamsters Local 179, ask yourself some questions about your job:
- Are you and your co-workers left out of the decision-making process?
- Does your boss play favorites?
- Do you have a sub-par health or retirement plan?
- Are your wages lower than others working in your industry?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you probably need to join Teamsters Local 179.
THE UNION ADVANTAGE
- Union pay is higher than non-union pay
- Union workers have better health care and pensions
- Unions give workers a voice in determining working conditions
- Unions help narrow the wage gap for women and people of color
- Unions help bring workers into the middle class
JOIN THE UNION MOVEMENT TODAY
Joining Teamsters Local 179 gives you and your co-workers a voice for better working conditions, better pay, strong benefits and respect through a legal, binding contract.
Teamsters Local 179 can help you explain the benefits of union membership to your fellow employees and assist in planning an organizing drive.
When you and your co-workers become members of Teamsters Local 179, your local union representatives will work with you to develop contract language and proposals for negotiations. Teamsters Local 179 officers and business agents fight with you to win a fair, good-paying contract for dignity and respect, good wages and decent working conditions.
Become a proud member of Teamsters Local 179!